Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Phoenix Rises

Dave Armstrong (as I predicted) has responded to my last blog entry. There's really no need to respond to him again, since it is more than obvious he is attempting to defend an indefensible practice by citing all sorts of outlandishly extreme "exceptions" in an attempt to show how "reasonable" it is to charge $1800 an hour to deliver a prepared speech to poor Catholic peasants in Ruraltown USA. I wonder how Francis of Assissi or the monastics would have judged the "soundness" of Armstrong's reasoning on this?

In any case, a Roman Catholic named Patrick offers a sober perspective on this in the comments section--a perspective that I think is spot on. Just copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar (I can't seem to get it to link without a blog ID):
http://www.tecknik.net/blogback/data/bb.php?blog=socrates&post=109886056367840333