Thursday, October 21, 2004

Theology aside for the moment--Election 2004

I voted yesterday.

I'm one of those people who travels quite a bit and isn't always around to vote in the local elections in November; so, I'm an absentee voter. It's actually very easy to become an absentee voter--in fact, every voting season they send me a pre-completed application postcard that I simply sign and send in, as well as a second one for anyone else I think may need it. Then they send me a ballot which I simply complete and mail. Having done it this way for the past two elections, I'm not sure why anyone waits in line in November anymore.

Someone sent me some election-time humor that I thought was rather humorous. I'm always wary of providing a link to a secular "humor" website because I never know what else might be on it. I took a brief perusal through this one and didn't see anything too offensive. Nevertheless, the reader is cautioned to exercise due discernment if he decides to go beyond the following link:

Political Bohemian Rhapsody

Also, here are some pics that were sent to me that I found humorous:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I won't be getting into politics very often on this blog because, frankly, I'm not that political. But I don't mind a little political humor now and then. : )