Thursday, March 10, 2005

I'm Offended that He was Offended

Last month I wrote a brief response to a postmodern writer who posted an entry at the Reformed Catholicism blog. He has responded--but to his own entry, not to mine. I'm mentioned in an incidental way, as he offers an apology for offending me. Apparently, he thinks I may have been offended by his use of "Real Clear" in the title of his entry. No offense taken. How could I possibly be offended at that? I stole those words from "Real Clear Politics." By the way, I don't think the rejoinder he wrote to himself does anything to clear his muddled thoughts on this issue. He's a pomo, and pomos don't write with clarity because they usually don't think with clarity. That shouldn't be taken as an insult to a pomo (clarity implies certainty, after all), so I'm pretty sure no offense will be taken.